Monday, November 7, 2011

Some Halloween Payback

I missed the Wicked 10K race this year in favor of the Dublin 
Marathon which was held on Halloween Day.  I didn't dress up 
for it and surprisingly very few people did.  I saw one zombie,
three army guys, and one tiger. If I did dress up I think I 
may have gone as a werewolf.  This reminded me of a poem I 
wrote several years ago that I put on my invitations.  I didn't 
dress as a werewolf then either.  I think I went as Huge Hefner 
the long lost brother of Hugh Hefner for that party.  Anyway 
thought I would preserve the poem on my blog before my laptop 
crashes for the last time. Whoever is still listening I hope 
you enjoy even though Halloween is over and done with. 
 
PAYBACK by Kevin Burns

I wake in pain
The wolf is here
No longer sane
I shed a tear

He gives a howl
And starts to feed
A death most foul
In my pants, I peed

Its teeth grind
My bones crunch
I lose my mind
For I am lunch

My blood drips
And I scream
The fear grips
This is no dream

I am now dead
The wolf has fainted
sick in the head
My flesh was tainted

He died in a ditch
We meet in hell
"Payback's a bitch!"
To him, I yell

No comments:

Post a Comment